Connect with us

National

Previous govts gave curfews to Muzaffarnagar, we are giving safe environment: UP CM Yogi Adityanath

Published

on

Muzaffarnagar (UP), March 28 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said on Thursday that Muzaffarnagar has endured months of curfew when governance fell into the wrong hands. He underlined the importance of every vote in elections.

Speaking on the second day of the Prabudha Sammelan held in Muzaffarnagar, he said: “However, when you gave power to the right people, Muzaffarnagar became known for its vibrant Kanwar Yatra.

“Previously, votes cast in favour of the wrong people plunged western Uttar Pradesh into anarchy and lawlessness where everyone felt insecure. People were afraid of coming to the place. But, when you elected the right parties and people, lawlessness and chaos ended and faith was respected,” the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister added.

Yogi Adityanath said that in the past, extortion prevailed when governance faltered.

“As I hear the song ‘Holi Khele Raghuveera Awadh Mein…’, it reflects how the divine was invoked for festivities, yet his holy presence remained absent from our soil. Your single vote has broken the shackles of centuries, ushering in an era of respect and faith. A vote cast in the wrong direction perpetuated exploitation, whereas aligning with the right party paved the path for initiatives like PM SVANidhi, offering loans to street vendors,” he said.

ALSO READ:  Sex video scandal: No involvement of DyCM or myself in SIT probe, says CM Siddaramaiah

The chief minister also highlighted the long-standing aspirations of local representatives and residents for the restoration of Shuktirtha’s former glory.

“In response to these calls, our administration is committed to revitalising Shuktirtha by establishing a dedicated Shuktirtha Development Council that aligns closely with the sentiments of the populace. This region boasts a rich heritage spanning thousands of years, serving as a beacon for followers of Sanatan Dharma worldwide who glean profound insights into life’s truths from the revered Shrimad Bhagwat Mahapuran.

“It is here, five millennia ago, that Shukdev Maharaj first imparted the Mahapuran, underscoring the profound historical significance of this land,” the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister added.

–IANS

amita/pgh

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

National

UP man claims sex change operation without his consent, case filed

Published

on

By

Muzaffarnagar, June 21 (IANS) In a bizarre incident, a 20-year-old man in Uttar Pradesh’s Muzaffarnagar has alleged that he was operated for sex change without his consent at a local hospital, the police said.

However, the hospital has claimed that the man underwent the sex reassignment process of his own will.

The 20-year-old man claimed that one Om Prakash used to molest him.

On June 3, the man said Om Prakash took him to the hospital, where he was sedated and deceptively made to undergo an operation.

When he woke up the next morning, he found his genitals were cut off.

“When I woke up, Om Prakash told me that I am a woman now and that he would take me to Lucknow to marry me. He threatened to kill my father if I resisted,” the man said, adding that the doctors and staff at the hospital were colluding with Om Prakash.

Based on a complaint by the man’s father on June 16, the police have arrested Om Prakash.

ALSO READ:  ED attaches lands, properties of Rohit R. Pawar in money-laundering case

However, members of the Bharatiya Kisan Union staged a protest outside the hospital, alleging there was laxity in the police investigation.

According to farmer leader Shyam Pal, the doctors at the hospital were involved in the illegal organ trade.

“I believe there is a very big racket going on here where they remove vital organs of the body and sell them at a higher price,” he said.

Pal also demanded the government to direct the hospital to pay Rs 2 crore compensation to the man and his family.

Ramashish Singh, Circle Officer of Khatauli police station in Muzaffarnagar, said, “There was a case here in which a person was operated for sex change. His family members alleged that he was misled by another person and the operation was done. Whatever allegations have been made by them, have been taken into consideration. Further investigation is underway.”

However, hospital authorities denied the man’s claim that he was deceptively operated on.

ALSO READ:  Previous MPs of Gurdaspur betrayed people, says Punjab CM

According to Chief Medical Superintendent Kirti Goswami, the man had been coming to the hospital regularly for two months to meet Raza Farooqui, a plastic surgeon.

Goswami said that the man identified as a woman and wanted to undergo sex reassignment surgery.

The Chief Medical Superintendent said that Farooqui referred the man to two psychiatrists to assess his mental condition, which is a prerequisite before a sex-change operation as per law.

The man was operated on only after the two psychiatrists deemed him mentally fit.

“The man came here to get admitted on June 4 and his operation was conducted on June 6. All these procedures are legal and were conducted under the supervision of Farooqui,” Goswami added.

Goswami also claimed that the authorities had a video of the man before his operation, in which he could be seen talking about undergoing an operation to change his gender.

–IANS

amita/khz

Continue Reading

National

Bengal train collision: Preliminary findings suggest combination of human, procedural lapses

Published

on

By

Kolkata, June 20 (IANS) Preliminary investigation by a joint observation committee in the Kanchanjunga Express–goods train collision on Monday morning suggests that a combination of two procedural lapses was the reason behind the accident, sources said on Thursday.

Sources said that the first procedural lapse was that the “absolute block system” was not followed in the case of the goods train that had hit Kanchanjunga Express from behind.

The absolute block system (ABS) is followed by railways in case the automatic signalling system is inactive within a particular area between two stations. In that case, a train will not be allowed to leave one station unless the preceding train in the same line (the ‘block’) leaves or crosses the next station ahead. However, as per a preliminary report, the goods train was given permission to leave the Rangapani station before the Kanchanjunga Express, which was moving in the same line, crossed the next station which was Chatter Hat.

ALSO READ:  ‘Won’t affect Gorkhas’: GJM welcomes CAA

Had the ABS been strictly followed in this case the accident, which has taken 11 lives so far, could have been avoided.

While this was the first procedural lapse, as per the preliminary findings, the next human error was on the part of the loco-pilot (now deceased) of the goods train, where he overshot the prescribed speed limit while crossing a distance where the automatic signalling system is non-functional. As per norms, for the trains passing through such a distance, the speed should never exceed 15 km per hour, to maintain a reasonable distance between the two trains passing on the same line.

Preliminary findings suggest that the collision occurred due to the violation of the speed limit between the Rangapani and Chatter Hat stations.

At the same time, sources said, from the impact of the collision on the last four coaches of Kanchanjunga Express, the last two being the parcel coach and guard’s compartment, it was clear that the speed was well above the prescribed limit of 15 km an hour.

ALSO READ:  Previous MPs of Gurdaspur betrayed people, says Punjab CM

–IANS

src/vd

Continue Reading

National

Madhya Pradesh Police arrest over 1K involved in cattle smuggling in 6 months

Published

on

By

Bhopal, June 21 (IANS) The Madhya Pradesh Police have claimed to have registered as many as 575 cases in the last six months related to cattle smuggling and arrested a total of 1,121 people in this connection.

Besides, more than 7,000 cows were rescued from illegal possession during the same period.

The police said that most cases of cattle smuggling were reported in Balaghat, Seoni, Chhindwara, Barwani, Khargone, Burhanpur, Ujjain, Ratlam and Neemuch districts.

A source said the operation against cattle smuggling was carried out extensively following the direction received from Chief Minister Mohan Yadav.

“Several teams of police were formed across the state and the routes that were used frequently for cow trafficking were identified. Sources were developed in particular regions to get real-time information and the cases of 10 years were examined,” a police source said.

The BJP-led Madhya Pradesh government has been strict on cattle smuggling and the sale of meat in open places for the last several years.

ALSO READ:  Trinamool moves ECI against PM Modi's conversation with BJP nominee on 'distribution of Rs 3K cr seized assets to Bengal's people'

Notably, Chief Minister Mohan Yadav, in one of his initial orders after taking over charge of the CM Office, directed the police to take strict action against cattle smuggling.

The recent action in Mandala where 11 houses were demolished was as part of action against the illegal beef trading in the state, a police officer said.

The action was taken after a tip-off was received that numerous cows had been held captive for slaughtering.

–IANS

pd/pgh

Continue Reading

National

BJP and Congress conspiring to privatise Singareni Collieries, alleges BRS

Published

on

By

Hyderabad, June 21 (IANS) The Bharat Rashtra Samithi (BRS) on Thursday alleged both the BJP and the Congress were conspiring to privatise Singareni Collieries Company Ltd (SCCL) through the auction of coal mines.

BRS Working President K.T. Rama Rao said the BJP government at the Centre and the Congress government in Telangana were undermining Singareni by opting to auction coal mines in Telangana instead of allocating them directly to Singareni.

He slammed the state government for participating in the auction of mines instead of demanding direct allocation to Singareni.

“The Central government is auctioning more than 60 mines in the country, including Singareni, starting tomorrow. The state government’s participation in the auction contradicts their previous stance of opposing the auction and seeking direct allocation from the Central government to Singareni,” he said.

He also reminded the public that the present Chief Minister A. Revanth Reddy had written a letter to the Central government seeking the cancellation of the Singareni mines auction and requesting direct allocation to Singareni.

ALSO READ:  Trinamool moves ECI against PM Modi's conversation with BJP nominee on 'distribution of Rs 3K cr seized assets to Bengal's people'

KTR, as the BRS leader is popularly known, questioned Revanth Reddy’s silence now over the Central government’s auction of mines in the Singareni area, considering his opposition earlier.

He claimed that BRS and its government had stalled the auctioning of coal mines in the Singareni area for the past nine years to safeguard Singareni’s future.

“With 16 MPs, neighbouring state’s Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu is trying to halt the privatisation of Vizag Steel Plant and safeguarding their state’s interests. In contrast, the 16 elected MPs from Telangana, both from Congress and BJP, remain silent despite the Central government’s attempt to harm the state’s prospects through the mines auction,” he said.

KTR demanded that all MPs and the two Union Ministers from Telangana should immediately take steps to cancel the Singareni mines auction. He also accused the Central ministers from Telangana of harming the state’s interests by remaining silent on this matter. KTR stated that the same Central government made the Vizag Steel Plant incur losses by not allocating dedicated mines.

ALSO READ:  UP: House help held for giving sleeping pills to owner before theft

The BRS leader also said that even if companies participate in the auction and get the mining rights, the BRS would cancel the leases “once they come into power after four and a half years”.

–IANS

ms/vd

Continue Reading

National

Railway to resume Garib Rath Express between Kolkata, Guwahati, Agartala

Published

on

By

Guwahati, June 21 (IANS) The Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR) would resume the services of two pairs of Garib Rath Express on the Agartala-Kolkata and Guwahati-Kolkata routes from next month, officials said here on Thursday.

NFR’s Chief Public Relations Officer Sabyasachi De said that the Garib Rath Express would run on the Agartala-Kolkata route every Wednesday from July 3 and it would run on the Kolkata- Agartala route every Sunday from July 7.

The CPRO said that the Garib Rath Express would run on the Guwahati-Kolkata route every Saturday from July 6. Similarly, the train would run on the Kolkata-Guwahati route every Thursday from July 4.

De said that resuming the services of these express trains would fulfil the long-standing demand of the people of the region. Rail connectivity in the northeast would be strengthened with West Bengal and its capital by these services. This would highly benefit the patients, students, and other commuters of the adjacent states, apart from promoting economic growth and commerce, the CPRO added.

ALSO READ:  First Dalit seer to be ordained as 'Jagadguru'

–IANS

sc/vd

Continue Reading

Trending