Connect with us

Entertainment

Sharon Stone had ‘zero money’ when she lost $18 million in savings after 2001 stroke

Published

on

Los Angeles, July 10 (IANS) Actress Sharon Stone has revealed that she lost a lot of money that she had saved in her bank account following her stroke in 2001.

The ‘Basic Instinct’ star talked about how the stroke, which led to a nine-day brain bleed, made her step away from Hollywood.

“A Buddhist monk told me that I had been reincarnated into my same body,” Stone recalled in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter.

The actress said that she “had a death experience, and then they brought me back.”

“I bled into my brain for nine days, so my brain was shoved to the front of my face. It wasn’t positioned in my head where it was before.”

She added: “And while that was happening, everything changed. My sense of smell, my sight, and my touch. I couldn’t read for a couple of years. Things were stretched, and I was seeing colour patterns. A lot of people thought I was going to die.”

ALSO READ:  KJo heaps praise on ‘Bade Miyan Chote Miyan’ trailer: ‘Blockbuster loading’

Stone said that this also led to people taking “advantage” of her “over that time”, and she lost millions of dollars she had saved in her account, along with other personal items.

“I had $18 million saved because of all my success, but when I got back into my bank account, it was all gone. My refrigerator, my phone — everything was in other people’s names,” Stone shared.

“I had zero money,” she said.

Instead of feeling “bitter” about all the negative things she experienced, Stone said she chooses to focus on the positive, reports people.com.

“I decided to stay present and let go,” she said.

“I decided not to hang on to being sick or to any bitterness or anger. If you bite into the seed of bitterness, it never leaves you. But if you hold faith, even if that faith is the size of a mustard seed, you will survive.”

ALSO READ:  'Kartam Bhugtam' sways cinephiles with its compelling storytelling

“So, I live for joy now. I live for a purpose.”

–IANS

dc/prw

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Alec Baldwin breaks silence after 'Rust' shooting case dismissal

Published

on

By

Los Angeles, July 14 (IANS) Hollywood star Alec Baldwin, who has been embroiled in the ‘Rust’ fatal shooting case since October 2021, has spoken out following the dramatic dismissal of his involuntary manslaughter trial.

Recently, Judge Mary Marlowe Sommer issued a verdict to dismiss the case with prejudice on its third day in Santa Fe’s 1st Judicial District Court of New Mexico, reports People magazine.

The 66-year-old actor-producer expressed relief that the years-long legal drama was over in an Instagram post on Saturday.

“There are too many people who have supported me to thank just now,” Baldwin wrote alongside an image of himself in court.

He added: “To all of you, you will never know how much I appreciate your kindness toward my family.”

According to People, Baldwin was indicted by a New Mexico grand jury in January after the gun he was holding during a 2021 rehearsal on the set of his Western movie discharged, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injuring director Joel Souza.

ALSO READ:  Couple’s social life, privacy goes for toss with arrival of in-laws in 'Very Parivarik' trailer

Baldwin has maintained that he did not pull the trigger of the gun or know why it contained live ammunition. He pleaded not guilty and, if convicted, faced up to 18 months in prison.

The actor’s legal team had repeatedly asked for the case to be dropped, including on July 12, when special prosecutor Kari Morrissey made the unusual move of taking the stand herself to testify about possibly suppressing relevant evidence.

In part because ammunition dropped off at the Santa Fe Sheriff’s Office was filed separately, “the late discovery of this evidence during the trial has impeded the effective use of evidence in such a way that it has impacted the fundamental fairness of the proceedings,” said Sommer in the announcement of her decision, which prompted Baldwin to burst into tears.

Alongside his wife Hilaria Baldwin, others who supported the star throughout the three-day trial were his sister Beth Keuchler and brother Stephen Baldwin.

ALSO READ:  KJo heaps praise on ‘Bade Miyan Chote Miyan’ trailer: ‘Blockbuster loading’

–IANS

aa/prw

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Britney Spears needs to 'slow down', says she had 'false confidence’ post-divorce

Published

on

By

Los Angeles, July 14 (IANS) Popstar Britney Spears revealed that she may have had “false confidence” following her divorce from actor-model Sam Asghari and apologised for not being “perfect.”

The 42-year-old took to Instagram and posted a throwback dance video from September 2023, stating that she needs to “slow down.”

“I guess I need to brace myself and slow down and recap the past year because I think I had false confidence after my divorce,” Spears wrote in the caption.

Spears, who split from Asghari after almost a year of marriage, added Madonna’s track ‘I’m Addicted’ to her dancing video, reports People.com.

“Although I did post some of my best work with ‘Ray of Light’ and ‘I’m Addicted’ by Madonna!!! There was a lot of WTF moments!!! Trust me, I know we’re all human and make mistakes!!!”

Spears then shared in the post that she apologises “for not being perfect.”

“I literally need to go back and adjust and possibly do a couple more therapy sessions. I apologise for not being perfect, and I will try to get confidence and consistency back like I used to have!!!”

ALSO READ:  Demi Lovato reveals she got used to ‘not seeing hope’ amid addiction struggles

Spears, who released her best-selling memoir ‘The Woman in Me’, had her divorce from Asghari finalised in May when a judge with the Superior Court of California in Los Angeles County signed off on it.

The pair separated due to “irreconcilable differences that have led to the irremediable breakdown of the marriage, making it impossible for the parties to live together as husband and wife,” according to documents previously obtained by People.com.

–IANS

dc/prw

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Chrissy Teigen shares side-by-side photos of John Legend as a baby and their son Wren

Published

on

By

Los Angeles, July 14 (IANS) Chrissy Teigen, wife of Grammy-winning musician John Legend, feels that their youngest child bears a striking resemblance to his father.

The model and author, 38, shared a photo on Instagram of their one-year-old son, Wren, smiling as he sat in his high chair munching on strawberries, alongside a vintage snapshot of Legend as a baby, reports ‘People’ magazine.

“I mean this is the same baby no!?!?” Teigen wrote in the caption of the post, tagging her husband.

Legend, 45, added his own joke in the comments, writing, “I think it’s safe to say I am the father.”

According to People, internet users quickly chimed in to agree with Teigen about Wren and Legend’s similar looks.

One wrote, “Wow, those are some strong genes!” alongside a twin emoji.

Another called Wren “John’s mini-me!” and yet another remarked that the two were “twinning.”

This isn’t the first time the Sports Illustrated swimsuit alum has shared photos of Wren, where he looks exactly like the ‘All of Me’ singer.

ALSO READ:  Couple’s social life, privacy goes for toss with arrival of in-laws in 'Very Parivarik' trailer

In October 2023, when Wren was three months old, she posted adorable videos of him taking a bath in the sink.

In the first clip, Teigen held her son over the basin as his full head of hair got shampooed.

“It’s time for the cutest part of the day!” Teigen could be heard saying.

Another clip showed Wren sitting in a plastic carrier in the sink, smiling and giggling as Teigen asked him why he took a bath with his socks on.

In the videos, Wren looked almost identical to his famous dad.

–IANS

aa/prw

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Roshan: Maestro of the filmi qawwali and the literary classical song

Published

on

By

New Delhi, July 14 (IANS) He may have ended up as a mere footnote in the annals of Hindi cinema with music for just one flop film to his account, had his indulgent mentor been a more money-minded man. In the process, connoisseurs would have been deprived of scores of exquisite qawwalis, elegant love songs, and aesthetic compositions showcasing the immortal words of Tulsidas and Meera.

And for 21st-century Bollywood fans, would Hrithik Roshan have emerged, had his grandfather, drawn to films after hearing a K.L. Saigal bhajan, abandoned his ambitions?

Roshan (1917-67), born Roshan Lal Nagrath on this day (July 14) in Gujranwala (undivided Punjab), spent just a third of his tragically short life in the film industry, but, in this span, he spun pure gold with his trademark classical music-based melodies. A leading music director, who also played a key role in his life, likened his music to honey dripping from a honeycomb.

Roshan deservedly was deemed to be the foremost exponent of the filmi qawwali, but his oeuvre was not limited to this form – it appears in just half-a-dozen of his 67 films.

On the other hand, there is “Khayalon mein kisi ke” (“Bawre Nain”, 1951), “Bade armanon se” (“Malhar”, 1951), “Main dil hoon ek armaan bhara” (“Anhonee”, 1952), “Salaam-e-hasrat qabool kar lo” (“Babar”, 1960), “Zindagi bhar nahi bhoolegi woh barsaat ki raat” (“Barsaat Ki Raat”, 1960). “Ab kya misaal doon main tumhare shabaab ki” (“Aarti”, 1962), “Laga chunri mein daag” (“Dil Hi To Hai”, 1963), “Jo vada kiya vo nibhana padega” (“Taj Mahal”, 1963), “Dil jo na keh saka” (“Bheegi Raat”, 1965), “Rahen na rahen ham” (“Mamta”, 1966) and “Hum intezar karenge” (“Bahu Begum”, 1967).

ALSO READ:  Kylie reacts to claims saying new look is inspired by beau Timothee Chalamet

Above all, there is the Meera bhajan “Ae ri main to prem diwani” (“Naubahar”, 1952) and “Man re tu kaahe na dheer dhare” (“Chitralekha”, 1964), skillfully adapted by Sahir Ludhianvi from Tulsidas’ “Mana tu kahe na dheer dharat ab…” and rendered sublimely by Mohammad Rafi.

Then, gauge how Roshan imbued a spiritual feel to “Chhupa lo yun dil mein” from “Mamta”, aided by the dulcet tones of Hemant Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar, and Majrooh Sultanpuri’s poetry, while recalling his AIR days with the studio-based “Saari saari raat” (“Aji Bas Shukriya”, 1957).

But, as mentioned, all this would have never come to pass without the trust shown by legendary director, producer, lyricist and screenwriter KIdar Nath Sharma, who had spotted Roshan, then working with AIR Delhi as an esraj player, way back in 1945 and offered him a career in the film industry.

Roshan had refused then, but approached Sharma in 1949 when he moved to Bombay. Sharma offered him a chance to compose for his “Neki Aur Badi” (1949), convincing his own regular composer Snehal Bhatkar to sit it out and the latter obliged.

ALSO READ:  KJo heaps praise on ‘Bade Miyan Chote Miyan’ trailer: ‘Blockbuster loading’

The film flopped and a distraught and disheartened Roshan told Sharma that he was no good and wanted to commit suicide. The filmmaker heard him patiently and asked him which Bombay beach he would prefer to do away with himself.

Then, on a serious note, he went on to say that if Roshan would defer his plans, he would offer him another chance in his forthcoming film.

This was not the end of the story.

During the film’s making, an influential distributor came to meet Sharma and in Roshan’s presence, promised him a large amount if only he would drop the music composer. Roshan went to another room and began sobbing, telling Sharma, who followed him, to accept the offer. Sharma, however, went back to his office and said no.

“Bawre Nain” (1951), with songs like “Teri duniya mein dil lagta nahi” and “Khayalon mein”, was a hit and started Roshan on his sparkling musical journey.

ALSO READ:  Manisha Rani goes vintage as she makes a video on 'Aapki Nazron Ne Samjha'

Sharma was more patient than Anil Biswas, who took direct action when Roshan began crying at his song recording, saying he would never be able to create such music. Biswas sought to calm him down, but when Roshan would not stop sobbing, he gave him a slap, wondering how he would succeed this way. It was Biswas only who likened his music to dripping honey.

Roshan, whose music reflected his classical training, also had a penchant for knowing when to let his tune yield to the lyrics or the singer. His — and Hindi cinema’s most famous qawwali — “Na to karvan ki talash hai” (“Barsaat ki Raat”) is a prime example and so is the same film’s “Maine shayad tumhe pehle bhi” where it just fills the gaps.

On the other hand, “Tum agar mujh ko na chaho” (“Dil Hi To Hai”) has a steady beat accompanying the singer.

There was much more music left in Roshan when he succumbed to a heart attack in 1967.

(Vikas Datta can be contacted at vikas.d@ians.in)

–IANS

vd/

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Ammy Virk recalls how he gave his own car for two action sequence shoots in ‘Bad Newz’

Published

on

By

Mumbai, July 13 (IANS) Actor-singer Ammy Virk, who predominantly works in the Punjabi industry, and is now currently gearing up for the release of his upcoming film ‘Bad Newz’, has shared that his own car was used during an action sequence of the film.

Ammy Virk recently appeared on the latest episode of Bombay Journey with Bollywood star Vicky Kaushal, and said, “They needed a car to shoot a sequence in the film. They wanted to shoot an action sequence in Mussoorie. The unit wasn’t able to find an SUV at a reasonable rate.”

He further mentioned, “I asked them to take my car. The action team of the film looked at me and said, ‘are you sure we could take it’.”

Ammy then told them in jest, “You will only drive it, and not roll down the mountain, right?” At this point, Vicky and show host Siddharth Alambayan were in splits.

ALSO READ:  Demi Lovato reveals she got used to ‘not seeing hope’ amid addiction struggles

Ammy then said, “I spoke with Taapsee Pannu, and she told me, ‘Are you crazy? I would have never given them my car’.”

Meanwhile, ‘Bad Newz’ which also stars ‘Animal’ star Triptii Dimri, is set to release in theatres on July 19.

–IANS

aa/dan

Continue Reading

Trending