Connect with us

National

Telangana Cabinet panel begins gathering feedback on Rythu Bharosa

Published

on

Telangana Cabinet panel begins gathering feedback on Rythu Bharosa

Hyderabad, July 10 (IANS) A Cabinet Sub-Committee, constituted by the Telangana government, on Wednesday, began taking feedback from farmers and people on the implementation of the ruling Congress’ guarantee Rythu Bharosa scheme.

The Sub-Committee, headed by Deputy Chief Minister Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka, held the first meeting in Khammam on Wednesday.

The meeting, held for the erstwhile Khammam district, was attended by two other members of the Sub-Committee – Agriculture Minister Tummala Nageswara Rao and Revenue Ponguleti Minister Srinivasa Reddy.

The Deputy Chief Minister said that the Congress government is determined to implement the Rythu Bharosa scheme. The Sub-Committee was constituted last month to take feedback from farmers and other stakeholders to work out modalities for the scheme.

Rythu Bharosa was one of the schemes promised by Congress in Assembly elections. Under the scheme, annual financial assistance of Rs.15,000 per acre will be provided to farmers. This scheme will replace the existing Rythu Bandhu, implemented by the previous government of the Bharat Rashtra Samithi (BRS), under which farmers were getting Rs 10,000 per acre.

ALSO READ:  PM Modi in MP's Jhabua to kick-start BJP campaign for LS polls

Vikramarka, who is also the Finance Minister, said the Sub-Committee’s exercise is aimed at taking suggestions to draft modalities so that the benefits reach the eligible farmers. The Sub-Committee will visit all 10 erstwhile districts to take suggestions from people and farmers before submitting its report to the government. The report will be discussed in the upcoming Budget session of the state legislature before finalising the modalities.

He said the government would make an allocation for implementation of the scheme in the full-fledged State Budget for 2024-25. He said since the Centre could not present a full-fledged Union Budget due to Lok Sabha elections, the state government also had to present a vote-on-account Budget.

Agriculture Minister Nageswara Rao said the government was taking all steps to do justice to small and marginal farmers. He said the schemes of the previous government did not reach the real beneficiaries. Revenue Minister Srinivasa Reddy said the exercise was aimed at making sure that there is no misuse of public money. He said the previous government used to take decisions within four walls and impose it on people but their government was working in a transparent manner by taking feedback from people.

ALSO READ:  SC dismisses Bengal govt's plea against CBI probe into Sandeshkhali attack

The Rythu Bharosa scheme will cover tenant farmers as promised by the Congress. The tenant farmers were not beneficiaries of the previous government’s scheme. There were also allegations that assistance under Rythu Bandhu was given to landlords, including those who were not engaged in agriculture.

–IANS

ms/vd

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

National

Received protest note from B'desh on Mamata Banerjee's remarks: MEA

Published

on

By

Received protest note from B'desh on Mamata Banerjee's remarks: MEA

Received protest note from B'desh on Mamata Banerjee's remarks: MEA

New Delhi, July 24 (IANS) The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) confirmed on Thursday that Bangladesh has officially objected to the recent comments made by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on the ongoing civil unrest in the neighbouring country.

“I can confirm that we have received a diplomatic note from the Bangladeshi side, protesting against the comments made by the Chief Minister of West Bengal,” MEA spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said on Thursday.

“I would like to underline that under the Seventh Schedule, Union List I, Item No. 10 of our Constitution, the conduct of foreign affairs and all matters which bring the Union into the relation with any foreign country are the sole prerogative of the Union government,” he added.

Addressing the Martyrs’ Day rally in Kolkata on July 21, Mamata Banerjee commented on the ongoing unrest in Bangladesh, saying that she would not hesitate to provide shelter to the “helpless people” coming from the neighbouring country and seeking refuge in West Bengal.

ALSO READ:  INDIA bloc will form govt at Centre on June 4: Rahul Gandhi

“There is a United Nations resolution that the neighbouring countries should show respect and accommodate refugees coming from regions under turmoil,” the Trinamool Congress supremo said.

Reacting strongly, the Sheikh Hasina government termed the West Bengal CM’s remarks “provocative” and “inaccurate”, especially at a time when the local authorities were trying to normalise the tense situation there.

The MEA, meanwhile, termed the ongoing protests in Bangladesh an “internal matter” of the country and thanked the Bangladesh government for its “excellent cooperation” that has helped in the safe return of over 6,700 Indian students till now.

“We are aware of the situation in the country. We have been closely following the developments there. India considers the ongoing situation in the country to be an internal matter of Bangladesh. With the support and cooperation of the Bangladesh government, we were able to arrange for the safe return of our students which we deeply appreciate.

ALSO READ:  Vizag Steel Plant employees take out rally to oppose privatisation

“We share warm and close ties and are hoping that the situation there will turn normal soon,” the MEA spokesperson said.

–IANS

as/arm

Continue Reading

National

Rashtrapati Bhavan's Durbar Hall and Ashok Hall renamed as Gantantra Mandap and Ashok Mandap

Published

on

By

Rashtrapati Bhavan's Durbar Hall and Ashok Hall renamed as Gantantra Mandap and Ashok Mandap

Rashtrapati Bhavan's Durbar Hall and Ashok Hall renamed as Gantantra Mandap and Ashok Mandap

New Delhi, July 25 (IANS) In a significant development, two iconic halls of the Rashtrapati Bhavan have been renamed by President Droupadi Murmu on Thursday.

Durbar Hall will now be known as ‘Ganatantra Mandap’ while Ashok Hall has been renamed as ‘Ashok Mandap’.

The renaming of the halls has been done to drop their British semblance and ‘bring them closer’ to the Indian cultural values and ethos.

“Rashtrapati Bhavan, the office and the residence of the President of India, is a symbol of the nation, and an invaluable heritage of the people. Continuous efforts are being made to make it more accessible to people. There has been a consistent endeavour to make the ambience of the Rashtrapati Bhavan reflective of the Indian cultural values and ethos,” said a press communique from the President’s House.

While ‘Durbar Hall’ is the venue of important ceremonies and celebrations such as the presentation of National Awards, Ashok Hall served as a ballroom.

ALSO READ:  Vizag Steel Plant employees take out rally to oppose privatisation

“The term ‘Durbar’ refers to courts and assemblies of Indian rulers and the British. It lost relevance after India became a Republic, that is, ‘Ganatantra’. The concept of ‘Ganatantra’ is deeply rooted in Indian society since ancient times, making ‘Ganatantra Mandap’ an apt name for the venue,” the press note further said.

Ashok Hall was originally a ballroom. The word ‘Ashok’ connotes someone who is “free from all sufferings” or is “bereft of any sorrow”. Also, Ashoka refers to Emperor Ashok, a symbol of unity and peaceful co-existence.

“Renaming Ashoka Hall as Ashok Mandap brings uniformity in language and removes the traces of anglicisation while upholding the key values associated with the word ‘Ashok’,” it said.

–IANS

mr/pgh

Continue Reading

National

MUDA case: Consent for CM Siddaramaiah’s prosecution to be sought from K'taka Guv

Published

on

By

MUDA case: Consent for CM Siddaramaiah’s prosecution to be sought from K'taka Guv

MUDA case: Consent for CM Siddaramaiah’s prosecution to be sought from K'taka Guv

Bengaluru, July 25 (IANS) In a major development, activist TJ Abraham has announced that he will seek the Governor’s consent for prosecution of Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Friday in connection with the MUDA case.

In a statement Abraham said, “I am scheduled to meet the Governor of Karnataka at 11.30 A.M. on Friday at Raj Bhavan, to seek his sanction for prosecution of CM Siddaramiah in accordance with Section 218 of the Bharatiya Nagarik Suraksha Sanhita, 2023, Section 17A and 19 of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988.”

He added that this step was being taken after filing a complaint with the Lokayukta Police in Mysore, on July 18 in connection with the alleged illegal allotment of 14 alternative compensatory sites in Vijayanagar, of Mysore District, to BM Parvathi Siddaramiah’s wife on January 5, 2022, causing a loss of Rs.44.64 crore to the state exchequer.

The irregularities allegedly involve several persons including CM Siddaramiah, his wife Parvathi, his MLA son S Yatindar, MUDA Commissioner DB Natesh, MUDA Chairman HV Rajeev, the then Sub-Registrar of Mysore North SK Siddiah, the then DC Mysuru G Kumar Nayak (currently the Congress MP from Raichur), the then DC of Mysuru S Selvakumar and other people.

ALSO READ:  Vizag Steel Plant employees take out rally to oppose privatisation

Abraham is the president of the Anti-Graft/Corruption and Environmental Forum.

During the tenure of Yediyurappa as the CM, prosecution consent was given by then Governor late Hansraj Bharadwaj in the denotification case, following which an FIR was lodged and the senior BJP leader had to face trial and was jailed in 2011.

–IANS

mka/rad

Continue Reading

National

Hushing up NEET leaks is alarming, how can we close our eyes: Priyank Kharge

Published

on

By

Hushing up NEET leaks is alarming, how can we close our eyes: Priyank Kharge

Hushing up NEET leaks is alarming, how can we close our eyes: Priyank Kharge

Bengaluru, July 25 (IANS) Defending the passing of resolutions against NEET and ‘One Nation, One Election’ by the Congress government on Thursday, Minister for IT/BT, RDPR Priyank Kharge stated that hushing up of the NEET paper leaks was alarming and Karnataka can’t close its eyes.

Speaking to reporters, Priyank Kharge stated, “We have moved a resolution like other states on safe, secure and transparent ways of conducting exams in the interest of students. How are they going to justify what has happened?

“The student who fails in 12th class in Gujarat gets 704 marks. How is the government defending it? How can we close our eyes? Seat blocking is resulting in people who do not pass class 12, becoming doctors.”

Asserting that Karnataka has the highest number of medical colleges, Priyank Kharge said, “We have been churning out medical professionals year on year. Even before NEET, we had our own entrance exam. In terms of conducting transparent examination, it had become a model.”

ALSO READ:  SC dismisses Bengal govt's plea against CBI probe into Sandeshkhali attack

Priyank Kharge maintained that what was happening in NEET was unfortunate and the way it had been pushed under the carpet was quite alarming.

Commenting on the Centre’s delimitation proposal, Kharge stated, “If delimitation is going to be what the Centre wants, the southern states which are good governing states will get punished. We are going to get punished for being good citizens. It is not acceptable.”

“We are economic growth engines for the country. You can’t have a skewed representation in the Parliament in future. You can get any resolution favouring certain states, it will be passed because of numerical strength,” he stated.

“More importantly, the BJP should explain how they will implement ‘One Nation, One Election’, when they are the ones who are orchestrating ‘Operation Lotus’ everywhere.

“Whenever, they don’t have majority, they buy MLAs. Who is forcing bye-elections? Have you ever thought about it? What about panchayat, municipal and corporation elections? They happen at different times for various reasons and how will you ensure decentralisation?” Priyank Kharge questioned.

ALSO READ:  INDIA bloc will form govt at Centre on June 4: Rahul Gandhi

The Karnataka Assembly passed the resolutions against NEET, ‘One Nation, One Election’ and proposal for delimitation of Assembly and Parliamentary constituencies on Thursday.

–IANS

mka/rad

Continue Reading

National

India on the cusp of launching U-WIN platform to monitor kids' health records: Health Secy

Published

on

By

India on the cusp of launching U-WIN platform to monitor kids' health records: Health Secy

India on the cusp of launching U-WIN platform to monitor kids' health records: Health Secy

New Delhi, July 25 (IANS) India is unequivocally committed to the well-being of its adolescents — the highest in the world — and is soon set to launch a Co-WIN-like platform for monitoring and identifying health records of children, Union Health Secretary Apurva Chandra said on Thursday.

“India is on the cusp of launching the U-WIN platform which is modelled after the Co-WIN platform,” said Chandra, while speaking at the launch of the “Economic Case for Investment in the Well-being of Adolescents in India” report in the national capital.

The platform “would lead to a transformative impact on not just storing the health records of every child but also in digitising these records as well as in monitoring, identifying and rectifying the challenges that arise”, he added.

The report highlights significant improvements in adolescent well-being in India over recent decades, showcasing the government’s extensive policies and programmes aimed at promoting the health and well-being of adolescents.

ALSO READ:  KCR hails Bharat Ratna for Narasimha Rao

The Health Secretary noted that “India has and will continue to remain steadfast in its commitment to nurturing adolescents’ talents”.

“India has the largest population of adolescents in the world, 253 million strong, and growing. Our adolescents are the backbone of our future, embodying the promise of a vibrant and progressive nation,” Chandra said, noting that the country is “the first to launch the Rashtriya Kishor Swasthya Karyakram (RKSK)”.

RKSK is a dedicated programme to “reach out to the 253 million adolescents — male and female, rural and urban, married and unmarried, in and out-of-school adolescents with special focus on marginalised and under-served groups”.

Further, the Health Secretary pointed out several programmes for the well-being of adolescents, such as the School Health and Wellness Programme under Ayushman Bharat and the Scheme for Promotion of Menstrual Hygiene.

–IANS

rvt/pgh

Continue Reading

Trending