The World Health Organisation has declared that the worldwide health emergency caused by the COVID-19 epidemic has ended.
At a press conference on COVID-19 and global health challenges, WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus made the statement.
With this in mind, I am happy to announce that #Covid19 is no longer a worldwide health crisis. However, the threat posed by CoVD-19 to global health has not been eliminated. Every three minutes last week, Covid-19 was responsible for a death, and that’s just the ones we know about, he said.
Thousands of individuals all around the world are currently battling for their lives in ICUs. Further, “millions more continue to live with the debilitating effects of post-#Covid19 condition,” the WHO director said.
In January of 2020, Covid-19 was declared a global emergency by the World Health Organisation.
There was an outbreak of pneumonia with no clear cause in Wuhan, China, 1221 days ago, according to WHO. According to Tedros, “I declared a public health emergency of worldwide concern over the global outbreak of #Covid19 on January 30, 2020, on the advice of an Emergency Committee constituted under the worldwide Health Regulations.
Fewer than 100 cases of [#Covid19] had been reported outside of China at that time, with no deaths. Covid-19 has shaken up our world for the past three years. He said, “We know the toll is several times higher – at least 20 million.” Nearly 7 million deaths have been recorded to WHO.